Medical Jobs in Karratha, Pilbara, Western Australia
Awe and ore can be found in equal measure in Karratha. Known for its iron ore operations, this is the gateway to the marine-life rich Dampier Archipelago, the world's most prolific prehistoric rock engraving site, Karijini's four billion year old adventure playground and Millstream's Chichester National Park. It's also one of the few locations where you can witness the Staircase to the Moon.
Living and Working in Karratha Western Australia
- Karratha is a two hour flight or a 16 hour road trip from Perth, and a three hour drive south of Port Hedland.
- Jaburara Heritage Trail, starting from the Visitor Centre, gives you an introduction to the ancient Jaburara people and their legacy - the largest collection of Aboriginal rock engravings on Earth.
- Across the Burrup Peninsular, the Jaburara created more than 10,000 artworks, many dating back thousands of years.
- A short hop by boat brings you to Western Australia's hotspot for marine diversity and one of Australia's best-kept fishing, snorkelling and diving secrets - the Dampier Archipelago. Its 42 islands and islets sit within a 45-kilometre radius of neighbouring Dampier.
- Millstream Chichester National Park - a lush oasis of tree-lined pools, spinifex hills and lily-filled wetlands awaits adventurous nature lovers . You can also follow the tracks of early settlers along the Chichester Range Camel Trail and learn about the hardships they endured.
- Venture further south to Karijini National Park and enter an outback playground of inviting plunge pools, 100-metre chasms and a 1,235-metre mountain four billion years in the making.
- the largest shopping centre in the North West
Medical Services in Karratha- Karratha Health Complex
The $173 million Karratha Health Campus (KHC) has been built in the town’s centre and replaces Nickol Bay Hospital which has now closed forever.
KHC is the largest health infrastructure investment in regional WA’s history and heralds a new era in healthcare facility design for the Pilbara region.
KHC also provides valuable support to smaller regional hospitals including Roebourne, Tom Price, Paraburdoo and Onslow.
- A new 40-bed facility with significantly expanded emergency department.
- New CT scanner, surgical centre, maternity wing and delivery suites.
- Expanded facilities for outpatients and essential services such as child health and medical imaging, brought together in a single health care hub.
- World-class telehealth services
- Helipad In addition to outstanding emergency and hospital car
Did you know?
Fun facts about Karratha Health Campus:
- more than 500,000 hours were put into building the new campus
- the state-of-the-art kitchen can produce up to 60 meals a day
- the laundry can handle the equivalent of more than 230 average weekly household washes
- around 70% of the workforce lived in Karratha during the build
- fifty four specially purchased pieces of art adorn the walls
- Karratha is an Aboriginal word meaning 'good country' or 'soft earth'
- more than 22,000 pieces of equipment, furniture and fittings have been installed at the new campus.