Role: Theatre Scrub Nurse
Contract: Permanent full time
Working hours: 40 per week
Nurses care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled.
Nurses deliver individualised care to patients utilising the nursing processes of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established nursing practice, ethics and hospital policies.
Nurses need to monitor patients, administer medication, maintain records, consult with healthcare providers, and also educate patients. Nurses collaborate with other professional healthcare disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and achievement of the desired patient outcomes.
Nurses need to interact with the patient, relatives and the multidisciplinary team whilst maintaining a high standard of professional nursing. Nurses provide care for adult medical and surgical patients, and also to paediatric patients with medical and/or surgical ailments.
- Provide bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients. Consult and coordinate with the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess, implement, plan and evaluate nursing care plans by working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Record and maintain accurate and complete health care records including vital signs and medical information.
- Monitor, report and record symptoms or changes in the patients’ condition.
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed and record all entries of medication administration accurately.
- Report any suspected adverse drug reaction immediately to the medical team and pharmacist.
- Initiate and provide education accordingly to patients and relatives on how to manage their illness/surgery and emphasising on home care needs.
- Accompany specialists during ward rounds and ensure that changes in patient care are communicated to colleagues.
- Respond immediately to life-saving/emergency care situations.
- Actively lead and participate in the discharge planning process.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Registered with the nurse and midwifery council of Malta
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be responsible and compassionate
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Further Information about Malta
Read the country profile of Malta for information about this stunning island archipelago.
Register for medical jobs
Sign up for job alerts to get instant notification of new roles