In this hospital, which has just over 120 beds, nurses care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled, deliver individualised patient care and work as members of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients. Consult and coordinate with the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess, implement, plan and evaluate nursing care plans by working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Record and maintain accurate and complete health care records including vital signs and medical information.
- Monitor, report and record symptoms or changes in the patients’ condition.
- Prepare and administer medications as prescribed and record all entries of medication administration accurately.
- Report any suspected adverse drug reaction immediately to the medical team and pharmacist.
- Initiate and provide education accordingly to patients and relatives on how to manage their illness/surgery and emphasising on home care needs.
- Accompany specialists during ward rounds and ensure that changes in patient care are communicated to colleagues.
- Respond immediately to life-saving/emergency care situations.
- Actively lead and participate in the discharge planning process.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Registered with the nurse and midwifery council of Malta
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be responsible and compassionate
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Annual salary Euros €29158 - €33,222 for 40 hour week
- 30 days annual paid leave
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Further Information about Malta Read the country profile of Malta for information about this stunning island archipelago.
Register for medical jobs Register your CV and search for current vacancies