The 330 bed hospital provides secondary medical services to a diverse population of 260,000, with 24/7 emergency department, ICU and full range of typical medical and surgical specialities.
You will join a team of surgeons in the General and Vascular Surgery Department supported by resident medical officers. Your role will include:
Acute Activities and Call Back
- Provision of acute assessment and treatment for patients requiring Vascular Surgery Specialist Services.
- Providing acute surgery
- Participating in the Vascular Surgery after hours Acute and Call Back Roster
- Provision of outpatient services in assessment, diagnosis and follow-up of patients referred by Specialists and General Practitioners
- Provision of surgical treatment, reflective of current evidence in a cost-effective manner
- Maintenance of an accurate, legible and current medical record.
- Monitor, advise and supervise Resident Medical Officers.
- Participate in supervision and teaching of Junior Medical staff and other health professionals.
- Provide and participate in educational and service audit activities required of Senior Medical Staff.
- Communicate and collaborate with other internal and external health providers.
- Provide appropriate timely advice on clinical matters and professional standards of practice to the HOD General Surgery’s and /or the Medical Leader, Anaesthesia & Surgical Services as requested.
Requirements for this role
- Medical degree F.R.A.C.S. Or F.R.C.S. (or equivalent registrable
as a Specialist)
- Meet requirements for vocational registration with the NZ Medical Council
- Currently or recently held a similar Vascular Surgeon appointment at consultant or Fellow level
- Excellent leadership skills. Evidence of ability to lead a clinical team at the level of a consultant in a teaching hospital.
- High level of interest in teaching junior medical staff
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa
- Pension benefits
- 6 weeks annual leave
- CME programmes