Role: Vascular General Surgeon
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: Full time or PT (Private Practice Permitted)
Location: Based in Tauranga with some sessions at Whakatane
You will join another vascular surgeon to provide vascular surgery services to 260,00 inhabitants of the Bay of Plenty working in the general hospital in Tauranga with some clinical duties at the smaller hospital in Whakatane.
You have the option to work full time or maximal part time duties if you wish to participate in private practice.
The role is based in a 250 bed regional general hospital with 24/7 emergency department, medical, surgical, paediatric, O&G and psychiatry services plus radiology, pathology and anaesthesiology.
- Provision of acute assessment and treatment for patients requiring Vascular Surgery Specialist Services.
- Timely response to Emergency Department and Ambulatory Planning Unit admissions
- Facilitating access for appropriate acute surgical patients to be seen in an ambulatory setting
- Providing acute surgery
- Participating in the Vascular Surgery after hours Acute and Call Back Roster
- Provision of outpatient services in assessment, diagnosis and follow-up of patients referred by Specialists and General Practitioners and in line with the Ministry of Health’s Planned Care/Elective Services and Faster Cancer treatment time frame requirements and specifications.
- Provision of contemporary models of care, including early and preventive non-surgical pathways where appropriate, to be delivered in the community or primary care settings.
- Monitor, advise and supervise MOSS and Resident Medical Officers where applicable.
- hold or be eligible for vocational registration in general and vascular surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACS or an equivalent qualification (FRCSC, FRCS/ CCT, American Board of Surgery all accepted)
- Clean drivers’ licence
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration