Role: Theatre Scrub Nurse
Contract: Permanent full time
Working hours: 40 per week
In this nursing role, you will prepare the operating room for the patient, setting up the tools and making sure the field is sterile. It is the duty of the scrub nurse to assist the surgical team by donning sterile masks, gloves and gowns as well as aid the physician by passing instruments during surgery.
It is essential to maintain a high standard of nursing care. The role should be carried out in professional manner and in accordance with St James Hospital protocols and consultants’ preferences.
Key role responsibilities
- The tasks of the Theatre Scrub Nurse involve making sure all necessary equipment is available for surgical procedures prior to surgery and also to ensure the theatre and its areas are maintained to the required standard before, during and after surgery. It is imperative that a sterile environment is maintained at all times.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring adequate levels of stock are maintained within theatre and to complete all swab checks and instrument checks in accordance with the company policy.
- Assisting the surgeon by taking on the surgical procedures of draping instrumentation and any requirements that are expected within the role and taking part and enforcing World Health Organisation’s ‘Safe Surgical Checklist’ will be expected.
- Providing a clear and concise pre/post operation handover from Ward/Recovery Nurse is expected to ensure a smooth transition for the patient and also ensuring medical staff orders are correctly interpreted and carried out
Wage Range €29000 - €32,000 (also work an emergency on call roster and have the possibility of working extras)
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Registered with the nurse and midwifery council of Malta
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be responsible and compassionate
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Further Information about Malta
Read the country profile of Malta for information about this stunning island archipelago.
Register for medical jobs
Sign up for job alerts to get instant notification of new roles