It has a comprehensive stroke service with a 6 bed Hyper-Acute/ Acute Stroke Unit (which will soon expand to 10 beds) as well as a closely linked rehabilitation unit and admits 350 stroke patients per annum.
It provides 24/7 care including stroke thrombolysis and has close referral links with a tertiary care hospital in Auckland.
- Alongside a team of experienced physicians, you will provide thrombolysis assessment in working hours
- Assessment for mechanical thrombectomy where appropriate.
- Provide supervision to junior doctors
- Participate in the afterhours on call rota including weekend acute stroke specialist ward rounds.
- have or be eligible for vocational (or locum tenens – special purpose) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in an Internal Medicine scope of practice
- postgraduate training in internal medicine, neurology or geriatrics
- fluent English communication
- ideally you will have experience in stroke management and acute medicine
- salary NZ$ 200,000 - 300,000 pa
- generous relocation allowance
- medical practice expenses refunded
- 6 weeks annual leave
- pension benefits
- CME programme