This is an exciting new role for a physician specialised in the management of acute strokes in one of New Zealand's North Island regional general hospitals. The 260 bed hospital provides standard secondary medical and surgical services with 24/7 emergency department and ICU.
It has a comprehensive stroke service with a 6 bed Hyper-Acute/ Acute Stroke Unit (which will soon expand to 10 beds) as well as a closely linked rehabilitation unit and admits 350 stroke patients per annum.
It provides 24/7 care including stroke thrombolysis and has close referral links with a tertiary care hospital in Auckland.
- Alongside a team of experienced physicians, you will provide thrombolysis assessment in working hours
- Assessment for mechanical thrombectomy where appropriate.
- Provide supervision to junior doctors
- Participate in the afterhours on call rota including weekend acute stroke specialist ward rounds.
- have or be eligible for vocational (or locum tenens – special purpose) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in an Internal Medicine scope of practice
- postgraduate training in internal medicine, neurology or geriatrics
- fluent English communication
- ideally you will have experience in stroke management and acute medicine
- salary NZ$ 200,000 - 300,000 pa
- generous relocation allowance
- medical practice expenses refunded
- 6 weeks annual leave
- pension benefits
- CME programme