Role: Senior Medical Officer with skills in general practice, emergency medicine, obstetrics and / or anaesthesia
Salary: - $323,958 to $344,822 pa
Location: Narrogin, Western Australia.
About the Role:
Full time contract with 40 hour per week work and contract up to 5 years duration, may possibly be extended.
The candidate will provide emergency, procedural and inpatient services at Narrogin and other Wheatbelt Hospitals, as required, and will work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing high quality medical care to rural communities.
- AHPRA registered
- FRACGP or FACRRM or equivalent postgraduate training
- Experience and competence in emergency medicine and primary care
- Ability to practice unsupervised.
- Procedural competence in obstetrics and / or anaesthesia
- demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal Health issues and rural health issues working within a cross cultural environment.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- The Wheatbelt Health Region lies immediately to the east of Perth and extends north to the coast, east to the western boundary of the Goldfields and south to the northern boundary of the Great Southern Region.
- The region has 44 local government areas, covers an area of approximately 157,000 square kilometres and has a population of 77,000 people.
- The Wheatbelt Health Services consist of three (3) integrated district hospitals (Narrogin, Northam and Merredin), 19 small hospitals, two (2) primary health care demonstration sites (Pingelly and Cunderdin) and a 24 hour health centre at Jurien Bay. There are also five (5) small health centres providing local community services.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @odysseymedic