Senior House Officer roles in Obstetrics and Gynaecology available now for 6-12 months in a 350 bed regional general hospital. The OB/ GYN department is staffed by 8 consultants and 5 registrars providing excellent supervision and training for SHOs.
You have the option of a 6 month or 12 month contract. Six months is sufficient to take the OB/GYN Diploma.
- Work closely with the team and share responsibilities where and when appropriate.
- Assist with the assessment and admission of patients under the care of the department.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities as directed by the Consultant, also organise relevant investigations, ensure the results are followed up, sighted and signed.
- Responsible for patient referrals and day to day ward management of patients under their team’s care, in consultation with others involved in the care of the patient where appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded (note that relocation costs are not refunded)
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic