Role: Rural Hospital Registrar
Start Date: August 2021
Contract Duration: Rolling
Working Hours: 40 per week, no on call
A Rural Hospital Registrar vacancy for an accredited Level 3 training run starting in August 2021. You will be part of a dynamic team of Rural Hospital doctors in Kaitaia working in an apprenticeship style and fully supported by consultants with no night duties.
You will have the opportunity to grow your skills in rural and remote medicine and work with Maori communities in this 26 bed general hospital with general, paediatric and maternity wards.
The hospital services include:
- Renovated maternity unit and new occupational therapy department
- New emergency department
- New after-hours facility
- An enlarged day surgery unit and recovery area
- A modern isolation room and refurbished general ward
- An 8 station haemodialysis outpatient unit
- GP and outpatients’ consulting rooms
- Relocation of the radiology department
- Improved working areas for nurses
The post is accredited for DRHMNZ and there is an active clinical training programme for the exam.
Kaitaia is your gateway to paradise; it is the last main town on State Highway 1 before you reach the iconic Te Rerenga Wairua (or Cape Reinga) which is the northern tip of Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Kaitaia is rich in culture and heritage combining stories of the first settlers, home to five iwi; Ngati Kuri, Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri, Ngati Kahu & Ngai Takoto; and the Dalmation settlers, each with their own stories intertwining history and special memories and places for each.
In just 20 minutes you can reach more than 20 different bays or beaches that are mostly unpopulated.
The serene beauty, the peacefulness and our location will leave footprints in your soul.
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- Previous experience in general practice or internal medicine
- Rural medical experience
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.