17 days ago
A specialist Rheumatologist position is available in this very sought-after location in New Zealand, to replace a physician who is retiring from a regional secondary care hospital. The hospital is located in a city just 90 minutes’ drive from Auckland and has a fast growing population and increasing demand for medical services. The role requires excellent clinical skills, plus management and educational skills to help develop the rheumatology service and maintain excellence in clinical training.
The position is based in the department of internal medicine and you will be expected to participate in some on call duties, whilst assuming responsibility for the delivery of the rheumatology specialist services. You must have skills and interest in developing new and innovative service models and service quality control. The hospital is also affiliated with Auckland University and has its own clinical school. You will participate in clinical teaching of medical students and residet medical officers and will have opportunities for your own clinical research.
- Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- Specialist fellowship or board certification in rheumatology accepted by the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Graduate management qualification would be advantageous
- Skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound, assessment of disease progression and treatment options.
- Formal training or qualification in medical education desirable
- Original research. • Publications. • Success in obtaining funding for research from external bodies. • Ability to supervise post-graduate research. • Research, evaluation, and analytical skills. Able to effectively analyse data/information and relate to the medical, reheumatology and health policy
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages