The hospital is a 350 bed secondary care facility with 24/7 emergency department and usual variety of medical and surgical services.
- provide a high standard of clinical practice and clinical expertise and effective rheumatology services to the community and region
- provide advice to Service Manager, Acute and Elective Specialist Services, on rheumatology management matters and professional standards of practice.
- provide supervision and instruction for Resident Medical Officers rostered to the Acute and Elective Specialist Service.
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification in rheumatology
- Eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound assessment of disease progression and treatment options
- Fluent English language both verbal and written
- Salary NZ$ 190000 - 270000 pa basic
- 6 weeks annual leave
- reimbursed medical practice costs
- clinical research opportunities
If you are interested in the role please forward your CV for consideration.