The hospital is a 350 bed secondary care facility with 24/7 emergency department and usual variety of medical and surgical services.
- lead and support the provision of high quality management of people with rheumatological disease who referred to the hospital
- support the Medical Leader to develop, implement and operationalise a high-quality patient service which is continuously improving and at the forefront of teaching, research and clinical excellence for better health outcomes and patient experience at both individual and population levels
- undertake standard rheumatological procedures, i.e. joint aspiration and injection.
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification in rheumatology
- Eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound assessment of disease progression and treatment options
- Fluent English language both verbal and written
- Salary NZ$ 190000 - 270000 pa basic
- 6 weeks annual leave
- reimbursed medical practice costs
- clinical research opportunities
If you are interested in the role please forward your CV for consideration.