- An exciting full time 12 month contract role for a rheumatologist in one of the most beautiful regions in New Zealand.
The Rheumatology service currently provides care to people across the Bay of Plenty district at ambulatory clinics within two hospital sites 90 minutes drive apart. The larger hospital is a 250 bed level 5 general hospital and the second one, a smaller 125 bed hospital. Both provide emergency, medical and surgical services.
The Rheumatology team consists of Physicians, Specialist Nurses and Allied Health staff.
The commencement date is negotiable.
- Provision of clinical rheumatology services as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- service development and improvement
- education of undergraduate and postgraduate medical staff
- Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- Specialist fellowship or board certification in rheumatology accepted by the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Graduate management qualification would be advantageous
- Skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound, assessment of disease progression and treatment options.
- Formal training or qualification in medical education desirable
- Original research. • Publications. • Success in obtaining funding for research from external bodies. • Ability to supervise post-graduate research. • Research, evaluation, and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively analyse data/information and relate to the medical, reheumatology and health policy
- Excellent opportunity to experience work in New Zealand
- Competitive remuneration with reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks paid annual leave
- CME and study leave
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and countryside in close proximity. The Coromandel, East Cape and Auckland are all an easy drive away, as are the ski fields of the Central Plateau and Lake Taupō. There is outstanding access to outdoor recreational opportunities and a wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is the University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse, and you can live 20 minutes from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or at the beachside town of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a recent CV and three professional referee details.