Our client in New Zealand is seeking to recruit a full time Respiratory Physician (pulmonologist) with an interest in sleep medicine for a permanent position commencing in 2020 as soon as possible..
- Full time, permanent role
- Public Sector Secondary care hospital
- Teaching Hospital affiliated with a medical school
- Excellent CME facilities
- Full support from junior medical staff
- Clinical and educational duties
- Competitive salary with pension benefits
- Relocation package available
- Interest in sleep medicine required
- Requirement for FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification and eligibility for vocational registration in Internal Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand with specialist qualification in Respiratory Medicine/ Pulmonology.
- Competence in managing respiratory function laboratory is desirable.
- Demonstrated clinical, management, and teaching skills and the ability to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team.
The department of respiratory medicine serves a diverse population with a high prevalence of COPD, Pulmonary Malignancy and Bronchiectasis. You will contribute to an active sleep service, pulmonary function laboratory, one stop clinic for lung cancers and an endoscopy service for bronchoscopies. The role will also include participation in the Acute Medical ward cover and on call physician cover for Acute Medical call on a 1:10 basis.
We want candidates with a real enthusiasm for teaching who are team players committed to improving and developing services to meet the population need. You must be eligible for vocational registration in Respiratory Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand and we can assist with this and work visa.
This is the largest hospital in the region, providing secondary care services and supporting three rural hospitals. It covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres and a population of 180,000.
The service has a coronary care unit with five beds, three medical wards with 68 beds and a spacious outpatient facility. The hospital prides itself on having a supportive collegial atmosphere with great rapport across specialities and services. The acute Medical service works closely with the Emergency Department teams in all four hospitals to provide acute care to those presenting acutely to hospital. You would be joining a team of 16 physicians who work across both Acute Medicine and subspecialty ambulatory services.
The collegial relationships between departments are strong and consultation with other specialists is easy, either formally with multidisciplinary meetings or informally as required. There is an active postgraduate medical society and there are excellent clinical library facilities.
Situated in the northern part of the North Island of New Zealand, the region has a warm winterless climate, scenic coastal areas offering a vast range of recreational activities whilst being situated just 2 hours from Auckland by road. It has excellent schools and affordable housing.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.