This is a full time role for a junior doctor with a minimum of two years experience, in a general hospital. As Resident medical officer you will be responsible for the management of in patients and out patients under the direct supervision of consultants in a leading hospital in the Mediterranean island of Malta.
The hospital delivers medical excellence in advanced facilities providing secondary elective and emergency medical and surgical services.
- Restoring health by providing hospital services, including: Urgent medical services, such as resuscitation, stabilisation, assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral, as necessary.
- Assessing the urgency and severity of presenting problems through taking patient medical history, examination and investigation, as necessary.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, counselling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referring for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services, as required.
- Reviewing, at least once daily, all ward patients, as well as carrying out ward medical duties, in close liaison with the patient’s consultant.
- Wage range €38480 - €46800 depending upon experience.
- Sundays and Public holidays are paid in addition to the basic and would amount to another €8000-€10000
- Registration with the Malta Medical Council (EU graduates and citizens are eligible)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in performing duties.
- Ability to work under pressure together with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to work accurately and diligently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organisation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and maintenance of professional competence.
- Ability to contribute to, and work as part of, the healthcare team at departmental and organisation levels.
- EU Passport
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for medical jobs Register your CV and search for current vacancies Sign up for job alerts to get instant notification of new roles