Role: Psychiatry Registrar (Not accredited for FRANZCP Training)
Start Date: 2nd August 2021
Duration: 6 months contract with option to move to accredited post in Tauranga in Feb 2022
Two registrar posts are available for 6 months with the option to move into a training post upon completion of contract. These are service roles in a 125 regional general hospital in a rural town.
- day-to-day management of patients under the care of the designated Consultant.
- management of all inpatients under the team’s care will be reviewed on a daily basis Monday through Friday.
- responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients referred to hospital acutely with psychiatric illnesses.
- maintain the clinical record for each patient and oversee the institution on appropriate investigation of all acutely admitted patients.
- work in an apprenticeship model with the Consultant and must discuss all new assessments, treatment plans and risk assessments.
- inform the designated Consultant of any issues of concern relating to patients who require review during the work after hours.
- Eligible for general/ provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (this can be obtained by physicians working in one of the countries with comparable healthcare systems including UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Greece Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Israel, Belgium.)
- Previous experience in psychiatry
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and details of three referees for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts for psychiatrist jobs worldwide. on our website and follow us on twitter for latest jobs @odysseymedic