Job Title: Registrar Paediatrics
Location: New Plymouth New Zealand
Start Date: August 2021
Contract: 6 months fixed term
Working hours: 60-64.9 per week
A full time FRACP accredited advanced training position in a regional general hospital with six Consultants, Four Registrars and Four House Officers in the paediatric department.
Registrar will provide services to the Paediatric Ward, Neonatal Unit, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the Paediatric Consultant staff.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the service's including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Involved in the supervision and teaching of the House Surgeon/SHO doctors in the department.
- Responsible after hours to the on call Consultant for all the patients under the care of the Child and Newborn Service
- Attendance and conduct of outpatient clinics
The Registrar will attend the regular Paediatric X-ray review meeting and the weekly Paediatric Teaching, and is expected to present at these sessions from time to time.
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include - General tutorial session weekly, Clinical Grand Round where you may present cases when necessary, Paediatric and Radiology teaching.
In this region of New Zealand, situated in the south west of the North Island, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Major attractions include Taraanki Mountain, Egmont National Park and the New Plymouth Coastal Walkway with Auckland just 50 minutes flight away and Wellington 60 minutes.
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this ( we can assist you with this)
- Previous paediatric experience
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic