- full time role
- 12 month contract
- 200 bed general hospital, all surgical specialities except cardiac and neurosurgery
- You will manage in patients, outpatients in the clinics, wards, operating theatres and do on call duties.
- Assist with the assessment and admission of acute and elective patients under the care of your team.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities as directed by the Consultant, also organise relevant investigations, ensure the results are followed up, sighted and signed.
- Responsible for patient referrals and day to day ward management of patients under their team’s care, in consultation with others involved in the care of the patient where appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Inform Consultant of the status of patients especially if there is an unexpected event.
- Attend handover, team and departmental meetings as required.
- Assist with teaching of other team members including students and other healthcare professionals.
- Review and manage all referred patients to the Orthopaedic Service
- Give advice and liaise with GPs and other hospital medical staff
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in orthopaedic surgery
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for RMOs
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
- Note relocation costs are not recoverable
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Three references are required.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic