This role provides an excellent grounding for Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrars looking to grow and develop their skills in a department which is focused on continuous service quality improvement assessed by audit of outcomes.
In addition there are a range of gynaecological surgeries undertaken and opportunities for both Gynaecology and Obstetric outpatient clinics.
- Work closely with the team, provide supervision and share responsibilities where and when appropriate.
- Assist with the assessment and admission of patients under the care of the department.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities as directed by the Consultant, also organise relevant investigations, ensure the results are followed up, sighted and signed.
- Responsible for patient referrals and day to day ward management of patients under their team’s care, in consultation with others involved in the care of the patient where appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic