Medical Registrar, approved for 2 years FRACP training, relaxed lifestyle and manageable case load.
Tired of working in overstretched inner-city hospitals? This role offers a relaxed lifestyle with all the amenities of a city at close hand, a permanent role, and a large team of physicians providing internal medicine services in a regional hospital linked to the University of Auckland.
- public sector employer, permanent role
- relocation expenses paid
- hospital based with a mix of outpatient clinics, inpatient clients, ICU and emergency department assessments
- large multi professional team
Registrars on this run provide services principally to the three medical wards ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached. The Registrar under the supervision of their consultant also provides consultation on medical care in other services within the hospital. .
The General Medicine team is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers. There are 7 Registrars with 2 Relievers, 2 Night Relievers and 1 RDO Reliever.
This run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years.
Clinical Responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the team's patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Participating on the On call roster.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Responsible for supervision of stress ECG testing.
- Attend meetings as follows: Medical Services weekly clinical meeting, Radiology review, Clinical Grand Round, Weekly Journal Club
Taranaki DHB provides a range of services including public health, medical, surgical, mental health, allied health and ambulance to the Taranaki region. The role is based in the larger of the two hospitals in the region which has emergency department and ICU.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you are interested a role with variety of clinical presentations and the ability to develop professionally whilst working in a well supported team, this role could be right for you. Please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.