- The Registrar is responsible for the day to day management of patients under the care of the designated Consultant/s for the relevant run. (Where this run is an inpatient run, the management of all inpatients under the team’s care will be reviewed on a daily basis Monday through Friday.)
- When working on the after hours roster, the Registrar is responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients referred to hospital acutely with psychiatric illnesses.
- The Registrar will maintain the clinical record for each patient and oversee the institution of appropriate investigation of all acutely admitted patients.
- The Registrar is working in an apprenticeship model with the Consultant and is expected to discuss all new assessments, treatment plans and risk assessments.
- The Registrar will inform the designated Consultant of any issues of concern relating to patients who require review during the work after hours.
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand and APC (general or provisional general registration accepted)
- Previous experience in psychiatry is desirable and priority will be given to applicants intending to train in psychiatry
- salary (national pay scale)
- pension benefits
- medical practice costs reimbursed
- excellent working conditions and access to CME and postgraduate training
If these roles are of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
You will also require
- Three referee reports (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor).