A Registrar in Psychiatry is sought for a fixed term 6-12 months training post commencing December 2017. The hospital is a regional secondary care provider in the North Island serving a population of 160,000. It is supported by three smaller regional hospitals and provides the usual hospital based specialities including medicine,surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry, 24/7 Emergency Department and laboratory and radiological back up.
The Psychiatry training program offers runs in acute adult psychiatry, community adult psychiatry, Māori Mental health, child and youth mental health, liaison psychiatry and psychiatry for older adults. It is accredited by the RANZCPsych.
- team work with other registrars to support consultant lead service
- attend ward rounds and manage in patients
- assess and diagnose patients with mental health problems
- conduct out patient clinics
- ensure knowledge is current
- medical degree and eligible for general scope of registration with Medical Council of New Zealand
- minimum 12 months experience after internship/foundation year
- fluent English (non native speakers must have IETLS mean score 7.5)