The maternity arm of the hospital comprises of a:
- 6 delivery suites with 4 adjoining antenatal beds;
- 14 post-natal beds; and
- A 6 cot Neonatal Unit accepting premature infants from 28 weeks gestation.
The O&G Team comprises:
- Five Consultants (Full and Part time)
- One MOSS
- Three Registrars
- Four House Officers
- the day to day clinical management of the team’s patients. After hours the RMO is responsible to the on call Consultant for all the patients in the secondary obstetric and gynaecology service.
- attend to any medical emergency when on call.
- attend Consultant ward rounds when performed within ordinary hours.
- Attend outpatient clinics
- participate in operating theatre session
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this
- 2 years previous experience in obstetrics and gynaecology
- salary - national pay scale for RMOS
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Excellent CME and supervision / clinical training
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration. Three professional references are also required.