A new challenge in an idyllic setting for a trainee in Obstetrics and Gynaecology offering a high level of support and training from the O&G Consultants and other senior medical staff. Starting in August 2022, this post is FRANZCOG accredited for advanced training.
The post is based in a district general hospital located in a region famed for its beautiful lakes, world class mountain biking trails, mineral pools and loads of outdoor adventure activities. You can enjoy the wonders of the local surroundings within a relaxed work schedule and receive great training.
- Assist with the assessment and admission of patients
- Assist in the inpatient management of a wide variety of obstetrical and gynaecological patients – antenatal, delivery suite and postnatal
- Assist and manage acute admissions through the Emergency Department, referrals from General Practitioners and other hospital departments
- At least two theatre sessions per week to consolidate experience in major and advanced Gynaecological procedures (including abdominal, vaginal and minimal access surgery)
- Organise relevant investigations, ensure the results are followed up, sighted and signed.
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Supervision and teaching of house officers
- On call 1in 5 nights and weekends
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in obstetrics and gynaecology as a house officer or registrar
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration with details of three referees, one of whom must be your current supervisor.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic