This role is for an obstetric and gynaecology registrar looking to grow and develop their skills in a regional General Hospital.
- 350 bed hospital with 24/7 ED
- 2000 births per year
- Assist with the assessment and admission of patients
- Assist in the inpatient management of a wide variety of obstetrical and gynaecological patients – antenatal, delivery suite and postnatal
- Undertake clinical responsibilities as directed by the Consultant
- Assist and manage acute admissions through the Emergency Department, referrals from General Practitioners and other hospital departments
- Organise relevant investigations, ensure the results are followed up, sighted and signed.
- Maintain a high standard of communication with patients, patients’ families and staff.
- Supervision and teaching of house officers
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic