- Contract: Full time, Start: Jan 17 2022
- FRACP Accredited
- Regional oncology centre
This role is based in the regional oncology service of a 350 bed general hospital which is accredited for 24 months of advanced training for Medical Oncology and six months of Basic Training.
Call frequency is 1 in 10.
- attend ward rounds, outpatient clinics, case discussions.
- responsible for the day to day management of inpatients under the care of the Medical Oncology team.
- supervise the work of the attached RCTS House Officers.
- be available to attend consultant ward rounds, and have a current knowledge of the progress of all inpatients, and results of all investigations.
- provide medical support to the Day Ward.
- answer calls from General Practitioners and other members of the involved health care team about patients and arrange to assess them as appropriate.
- attend scheduled outpatient clinics, which may include 1-2 day regional clinics.
- Use Mosaiq (oncology software system) for the prescribing and scheduling of inpatient chemotherapy
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in general medicine
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
- 3 hours protected study time per week
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic