- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine – basic and approved for 12 months advanced training
- Gastroenterology (approved for advanced training)
- Medical Oncology
There are also opportunities to do both an ICU and an Emergency Medicine rotation and there are FRACP trainee roles and service roles.
- Attendance at handover meetings, ward rounds, outpatient clinics, ward meetings, case discussions.
- Attend and assist at consultant’s outpatient clinics
- Assess where appropriate, acute and arranged medical admissions/referrals under the care of the team to which the Registrar is attached.
- Two Registrars daily participate in the Medical A and B call rosters, taking responsibility for attending “cardiac arrest” call when rostered to that duty.
- Assessment of medical problems in the Emergency Department or other hospital departments
- Supervision and teaching of house officers
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- PGY3 or above
- Completed internship
- Experience working in general medicine
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic