A Registrar in Internal Medicine is sought for a role in a regional hospital in New Zealand's North Island from June 2019. You will join the hospital’s accredited basic and advanced physician training programme which is accredited for 24 months basic training and 12 months advanced physician training with RACP. You will be part of a dynamic team of Medical Registrars and Consultants with special interests in cardiology, diabetes, respiratory medicine, nephrology and oncology.
The department of Internal Medicine provides close supervision for trainees in acute and outpatient settings, allied with a commitment to teaching. There is an active clinical training programme with didactic sessions, interactive based teaching, journal club and videoconferencing of RACP lectures
The hospital where the role is based is a secondary base hospital providing a wide range of services including ED, medical specialties, ICU, ENT, O&G, Paediatrics and Psychiatry.
- Provide competent, timely and thorough medical assessment and treatment of persons presenting or referred for assessment.
- Manage in patients and out patients.
- Meet current standards of professional practice recommended by the Medical Council of New Zealand the Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Enrol in, and meet the professional development criteria of RACP.
- Contribute to service quality assurance by participating in clinical audits, case reviews and incident review processes
- Provide teaching to other staff in the course of clinical work and at formal teaching sessions.
- Include the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi within all aspects of the role and its outcomes
- Observe and promote safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to work, and be pro-active in hazard management
- Qualifications: Medical Degree and experience in Internal Medicine
- License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.