A Registrar in General Surgery is sought for an immediate start with a public hospital in New Zealand. The proposed commencement date is February or early March 2017. This is a non training post.
Clinical Duties include:
• Attending acute and elective admissions under the team during normal
• Attending inpatients and ward rounds with consultants,
• Assisting in clinics and operating theatres.
• Attend elective lists
• Be available to assist in acute cases when required.
• Liaising with anaesthetic and theatre staff,
• Liaising with general practitioners,
• Communicating with patients and their families about the patient’s problem
and treatment where appropriate.
• Being responsible for keeping appropriate clinical progress notes.
• Following up investigations,
• Undertaking practical procedures, or instigating treatments as directed by the
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to start work in NZ, apply with your CV.