- Available now, full time, permanent role
- Excellent training and learning opportunities in a 350 bed hospital
- Atractive remuneration package, pension benefits and no NI
Immediately available registrar role in a 350 bed general hospital in New Zealand's North Island, with a wide range of opportunities for basic and advanced trainees as follows:
• General Medicine
• Geriatric Medicine – basic and approved for 12 months advanced training
• Gastroenterology (approved for advanced training)
• Medical Oncology
There are also opportunities to do both an ICU and an Emergency Medicine rotation.
- Attendance at handover meetings, ward rounds, outpatient clinics, ward meetings, case discussions.
- Attend and assist at consultant’s outpatient clinics
- Assess where appropriate, acute and arranged medical admissions/referrals under the care of the team to which the Registrar is attached.
- Two Registrars daily participate in the Medical A and B call rosters, taking responsibility for attending “cardiac arrest” call when rostered to that duty.
- Assessment of medical problems in the Emergency Department or other hospital departments
- Supervision and teaching of house officers
- Eligible for provisional or full general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Completed internship
- Experience working in general medicine
- Team working skills
- Clear communication
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic