Job Title: Registrar General Medicine
Location: New Plymouth New Zealand
Start Date: August 2021
Contract: 6 months fixed term
Working hours: 60-64.9 per week
A full time FRACP accredited advanced training position in a regional general hospital. The General Medicine team is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers. There are 7 Registrars with 2 Relievers, 2 Night Relievers and 1 RDO Reliever.
This run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years
Registrars on this run provide services principally to the medical wards, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached.
Clinical Responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the team's patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Participating on the On call roster.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Responsible for supervision of stress ECG testing.
- Attend meetings as follows: Medical Services weekly clinical meeting, Radiology review, Clinical Grand Round, Weekly Journal Club
In this region of New Zealand, situated in the south west of the North Island, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Major attractions include Taraanki Mountain, Egmont National Park and the New Plymouth Coastal Walkway with Auckland just 50 minutes flight away and Wellington 60 minutes.
- General registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this ( we can assist you with this)
- Previous experience in internal medicine
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic