Our client is seeking an Emergency Medicine Registrar for a fixed term 2 month contract starting May 31st 2021. You must have experience in emergency medicine, capabilities in the management of adult and paediatric patients and a commitment to the delivery of high quality medical services.
The working week is 40-45 hours, based on one site, in a general hospital seeing 33,000 emergency department presentations per year. This is a mixture of self presenting patients and patients referred from the community to inpatient teams. 89% of the presentations are seen and managed by Emergency Medicine. Admission rates vary between 20% and 27% depending on the time of year.
You should have
- Previous emergency medicine experience, or
- Previously been a Registrar for 2 years in a sub specialty service, and
- Broad experience in Adult and Paediatric medicine
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Provide services for Acute Inpatient admissions, under the supervision of their Consultant.
- Conduct Outpatient clinics.
- Confer with the Consultant immediately for any clinical situation involving substantial risk beyond their level of clinical expertise.
- Attend meetings as follows: Department of Medicine weekly clinical meetings, Radiology weekly review sessions.
- Participating on the On call roster.
This role offers a great opportunity to work in one of New Zealand’s best cities in the North Island, surrounded by wonderful landscape, in one of its best emergency medicine departments with a reasonable workload, vacation time and study time.
In this region of New Zealand, situated in the south west of the North Island, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Major attractions include Taraanki Mountain, Egmont National Park and the New Plymouth Coastal Walkway with Auckland just 50 minutes flight away and Wellington 60 minutes.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.