- suitable for ACEM trainees in emergency medicine, GP trainees seeking Advanced Specialist Training/Advanced Rural Skill Training and non-vocational trainees.
- offer excellent opportunity to experience a wide variety of presentations
- unrivalled exposure to real Emergency Medicine including procedures, within a fully supervised department
- based in a 171-bed hospital that functions as the regional resource centre for the South West region with all major specialties present on site including ICU and CCU/cath lab.
- the biggest Emergency Department in WA outside of Perth.
- Emergency Department consists of 39 beds including Fast Track and Short Stay Unit and receives in excess of 45,000 presentations per year of whom approximately 30% require admission.
- ED medical staff include Specialist Emergency Physicians, Senior Medical Practitioners, Registrars, Residents and Interns.
- medical transfers by rescue Helicopter.
- Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with approximately 120 presentations per day.
- 25% of patients paediatric
- licence with AHPRA or eligibility for provisional general registration
- a minimum of six months experience in Critical Care Medicine (Emergency; Acute Medicine; Intensive Care Unit or Anaesthetics).
- ACEM Provisional training and twelve months of Advanced ED training time
- ACEM paediatric logbook training
- Accredited (and highly rated) training rotations to anaesthetics and foundation Intensive Care Unit (with other trainees on site in surgery, medicine, orthopaedics, psychiatry, obstetric & gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, palliative care, radiology and urology)
- Hands on care for all patients
- Departmental education - protected time (multi-modality) departmental Emergency Department, grand rounds, radiology and code blue
- Exam preparation training—protected time (Primary and Fellowship Exam) - with proven track record of success, plus ACEM Examiner on staff
- Full access to exam and study leave
- Access to the ACEM EM Certificate and Diploma
- RACGP (Advanced Rural Skills Training) and ACRRM (Advanced Specialist Training)
- 80 hours work per fortnight paid in range of A$ 131,853- 202,293 pa
Applications: please forward your CV for immediate consideration