- FACEM accredited for 12 months
- general hospital 24/7 emergency department
- level 5 hospital with acute services including general medicine and medical sub-specialities, cardiology, intensive care, paediatrics, O&G, mental health, orthopaedics, general and vascular surgery, urology, ENT and ophthalmology within the DHB.
- Emergency Department is a dynamic and evolving service which has undergone considerable staff expansion recently.
- It is staffed by 15 SMOs (14 FACEMs) offering 17 hours per day direct shop floor supervision.
- The Emergency department is busy seeing 50,000 patients per year, 20% of which are paediatric patients.
- There is a broad case-mix with a 35% admission rate reflecting the acuity of presentations trainees will be exposed to.
- The employer is passionate about medical education and offers protected teaching for four hours a week, including an active simulation programme.
- There is teaching support for both Primary and Fellowship ACEM examinations and candidates regularly sitting both of these.
- There is a clinical governance framework in place and research opportunities will be available for interested and enthusiastic trainees.
- ACEM recognises this centre for regional and rural training due to the broad nature of the clinical work offered.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must hold or be eligible for general registration with the New Zealand Medical Council and this can be obtained by physicians working in one of the countries with comparable healthcare systems including UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Greece Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Israel, Belgium.
- 12 months previous experience in emergency medicine essential
- Must be PGY4
- Salary paid in accordance with national pay scale for resident medical officers
- Costs of Medical Council of New Zealand registration refunded
- 30 days paid annual leave
- excellent postgraduate training
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply
All applications should include:
- Up-to-date CV
- 3 x referee details (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor).