Role: Mental Health Nurse for Old Age Psychiatry Service
Contract: Permanent full time
A passionate registered mental health nurse is sought to join a supportive multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural mental health team for older adults.
You will work with senior adults experiencing moderate to severe mental health and addiction difficulties and you will provide a range of nursing care including comprehensive assessments and management plans.
- To provide a high standard of clinical psychology practice and expertise, contributing to the provision of efficient and effective service within the Old Age Mental Health and Addiction Service.
- To provide psychology input into the multi-disciplinary team in an effective and cooperative manner.
- To work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, treatment and consultation.
- Be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand or be eligible for registration in the scope of mental health nursing.
- Have experience working within elderly patients
- Be committed to cultural and ethical competence
- Work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Salary according to government scale and experience
- Paid annual leave
- License expenses paid
- A supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development.
- Comprehensive orientation programme
- Training and study opportunities
- Outstanding peer support.
Hutt Valley is part of Wellington, Capital of New Zealand. The region offers great restaurants, a vibrant cultural scene and coffee culture as well as ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits. Sailing, water sports, cycle trails and walking trails among wooded hillsides with fantastic views abound in the “Coolest Little in Capital the World (Lonely Planet)”.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.