A Consultant Radiologist specialising in MRI is sought for a new role commencing June 2019 in New Zealand. The role is based in a regional general secondary care 360 bed hospital which has 24-hour emergency department, intensive care unit, full medical, paediatric, obstetric, gynaecological and surgical service.
This new position will have ongoing clinical oversite for the MRI service working alongside the Charge MRI Medical Imaging Technologist. You would be expected to support the development of the policies and procedures that are required to ensure the smooth implementation and operation of the service. This would be a Monday to Friday role.
- Deliver a wide range of Medical Imaging procedures including but not restricted to: MRI, general Radiology, Barium Studies, fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, CT, and Interventional studies, in each case depending on appropriate training and credentialing
- Assist with the provision of acute specialist care for Radiology
- Contribute to service quality assurance by participating in clinical audits, case reviews and incident review processes
- Supervise specialists and resident medical officers
- Observe and promote safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to work, and be pro-active in hazard management
- Qualifications: FRANCR or equivalent; examples include American Board of Radiology, FRCR / CCT , FRCPC Facharzt, DES or equivalent qualifications.
- License: Eligible for vocational registration in radiology with the Medical Council of New Zealand,
- Language: English essential
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.