Consultant Radiologist, well equiped and staffed hospital, small city with attractive relaxed lifestyle and links to the Univesity of Auckland.
Tired of working long hours in poorly equiped hospitals with an overwhelming reporting load?
Come and work in a modern, digital radiology department of a district general hospital in New Plymouth, New Zealand, joining a team of 70 staff providing a full range of radiology services for hospital and community. General diagnostic radiology skills are required and subspeciality skills are accomodated. Relocation expenses are paid and there is a secure salary of up to $220K pa.
- Public sector regional hospital
- Full time, permanent position
- Team of 70 staff including 10 full time consultant radiologists
- Well equipped department with MRI CT, interventional radiology, fully digitalised with voice recognition
- Employer can sponsor work permit and visa
- 40 hour working week, 28 clinical hours and 12 nonclinical hours
- No formal on call duties
A district general hospital in New Plymouth is seeking the services of a permanent full-time general radiologist to work alongside nine other radiologists in the Department, reporting from:
- 6 General rooms
- 1 Angiographic & Special Procedures room (Toshiba Infinix 8000 C-arm\ commissioned in June 2016)
- GE Discovery CT 750 HD scanner – Commissioned April 2015
- 3 IU 22 Philips Ultrasound machines and 2 Aplio 500 Toshiba machines plus 1 CX50 portable machine
- GE E-cam Nuclear Medicine Suite
- Siemens Magnetom Symphony 1.5 T MRI revised January 2013
You will join a staff of around 70. This includes Sonographers, specialized MRI and CT Technologists, two Nuclear Medicine Technologists, four Registered Nurses, Medical Radiation Technologists, Administration and IT support staff.
Essential skills include
- Plain Film
- MRI reporting.
Desirable skills would include sub-specialty interest in any of:
- musculoskeletal MRI;
- general interventional radiology (no intracranial work);
- CT colonography;
- CT cardiology;
- nuclear medicine.
All modalities are digital with voice recognition reporting on a recently installed Philips PACS/Kestral RIS platform.
Working hours are 40 per week with 28 hours devoted to clinical duties and 12 hours for non clinical work including administration and teaching. There is no formal on call rota with this role.
You will receive a salary based upon the national pay scale for senior medical officers in New Zealand and relocation expenses if you need to move.
- Professional Licence: NZ vocational registration, or eligibility for such registration will be required.
- FRANZCR or equivalent qualification (FRCR, FRCPC and others)
- IELTS Academic mean score 7.5 for non native English speakers
The role is based in a regional hospital serving a population of 120,000 and is affiliated with the University of Auckland for medical student teaching.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
THE NEW ZEALAND HEALTH SERVICE OVERVIEW
APPLICATIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.