3 months ago
A permanent, full time vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced radiologist consultant to join a team of 8 radiologists in a regional hospital in the North Island of New Zealand reporting from:
- 6 General rooms
- 1 Angiographic & Special Procedures room (Toshiba Infinix 8000 C-arm commissioned in June 2016)
- GE Discovery CT 750 HD scanner – Commissioned April 2015
- 3 IU 22 Philips Ultrasound machines and 2 Aplio 500 Toshiba machines plus 1 CX50 portable machine
- GE E-cam Nuclear Medicine Suite
- MRI Siemens Magnetom Symphony TIM January 2013
You would join a staff of around 70. This includes Sonographers, specialized MRI and CT Technologists, two Nuclear Medicine Technologists, four Registered Nurses, Medical Radiation Technologists, and Administration and IT support staff.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
- FRANZCR or equivalent qualification recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand as equivalent.
- License: Vocational Registration or Eligibility for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non-native speakers)
- Essential skills: Plain Film, Ultrasound, CT, and MRI reporting
- Desirable Skills: sub-specialty interest in any of: musculoskeletal MRI; general interventional radiology (no intracranial work); CT colonography; CT cardiology; nuclear medicine. All modalities are digital with voice recognition reporting
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.