Role: Radiologist Consultant
Scope of practice: Diagnostic Radiology
About the Role
This is a terrific opportunity to join a team of 6 consultant radiologists in a recently refurbished radiology department in a general hospital in a stunning part of New Zealand. The facilities are excellent and the lifestyle relaxed but with good academic input and proximity to the cultural centre of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. The post also offers a generous reloaction remuneration package and CME allowance,
Imaging provided in most modalities via:
• 1.5T Philips Achieva MR unit
• New (Oct 2015) GE Resolution GSI CT
• Siemens Artis Zee C-arm fluoroscopy suite
• GE Logic ultrasound units & GE Centricity RIS/PACS
• Teleradiology service reduces time spent on call
• Healthy department quality/ audit/ teaching activities
• Opportunity to work in private practice
• Hold FRANZCR/FRCR/ACR Board certification or equivalent qualification
• Be eligible for specialist registration or be within three months of obtaining it
• Be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
The hospital provides secondary healthcare services for a resident population of105,000 through our two hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, both of which have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities. Rotorua Hospital is a District General Hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to balance rewardingmedical practice with an amazing life style.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking .Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere andyou have one of the best places in the world to work as a Radiologist
Visit our news page and check out the latest articles and features about New Zealand.
Related articles to this role:
Search Radiologist Jobs
Register for radiologist jobs and get access to jobs worldwide, track applications and sign up for job alerts.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for latest medical and OB/GYN jobs