21 days ago
We are looking for a diagnostic radiologist to join a department of 70 staff in a regional hospital in a delightful area of New Zealand. You can enjoy a reasonable workload working office hours, without on call duties, and an enviable lifestyle, whilst working in a modern digitalised radiology department.
A district general hospital in New Plymouth is seeking a permanent full-time general radiologist to work alongside nine other radiologists in the Department, reporting from:
- 6 General rooms
- 1 Angiographic & Special Procedures room (Toshiba Infinix 8000 C-arm\ commissioned in June 2016)
- GE Discovery CT 750 HD scanner – Commissioned April 2015
- 3 IU 22 Philips Ultrasound machines and 2 Aplio 500 Toshiba machines plus 1 CX50 portable machine
- GE E-cam Nuclear Medicine Suite
- Siemens Magnetom Symphony 1.5 T MRI revised January 2013
You would join a staff of around 70. This includes Sonographers, specialized MRI and CT Technologists, two Nuclear Medicine Technologists, four Registered Nurses, Medical Radiation Technologists, Administration and IT support staff.
Essential skills include
- Plain Film
- MRI reporting.
Desirable skills would include sub-specialty interest in any of:
- musculoskeletal MRI;
- general interventional radiology (no intracranial work);
- CT colonography;
- CT cardiology;
- nuclear medicine.
All modalities are digital with voice recognition reporting on a recently installed Philips PACS/Kestral RIS platform.
Working hours are 40 per week with 28 hours devoted to clinical duties and 12 hours for non clinical work including administration and teaching. There is no formal on call rota with this role.
You will receive a salary based upon the national pay scale for senior medical officers in New Zealand and relocation expenses if you need to move.
- Professional Licence: NZ vocational registration, or eligibility for such registration will be required.
- FRANZCR or equivalent qualification (FRCR, FRCPC and others)
- IELTS Academic mean score 7.5 for non native English speakers
The role is based in a regional hospital serving a population of 120,000 and is affiliated with the University of Auckland for medical student teaching.
Named after the city of Plymouth in England, the city was founded by settlers from England in the 19th century and has been awarded multiple times for its natural beauty and lifestyle. Situated on the coast in the south western corner of the North Island, the city has a famous long coastal walkway whilst Mount Taranaki provides a stunning backdrop. Famed for its rich volcanic soil, lush botanical gardens and fabulous arts and events scene, New Plymouth is home to the renowned Pakekura Park. Living in this city it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV or contact us for further details.