- Full time, permanent role
- Public Sector Secondary care hospital providing some tertiary services and regional oncology service
- Teaching Hospital affiliated with 2 medical schools
- University city in the north island of New Zealand
- Excellent CME facilities
- Full support from junior medical staff
This position is based at a 350 bed hospital in the Lower North Island of New Zealand. It is a secondary hospital and offers most medical and surgical specialities with the exception of Cardiothoracic and Neurosurgery. It provides some tertiary care services. The hospital serves a local population of 170,000 but is the base for a regional head and neck oncology service which has responsibility for a population of 550,000 and draws patients from Whanganui, Taranaki, and Hawkes' Bay.
The collegial relationships between departments are strong and consultation with other specialists is easy, either formally with multidisciplinary meetings or informally as required. There is an active postgraduate medical society and there are excellent clinical library facilities.
The hospital is embarking upon a transformational change programme to firmly establish itself as a high performing health system that meets the current and future demands of its communities, that provides improved patient experiences for service users, and that achieves improved patient and community health and wellbeing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the implementation of a new MRI service.
- This role is a new position and you will have ongoing clinical oversite for the MRI service working alongside the Charge MRI Medical Imaging Technologist.
- You would be expected to support the development of the policies and procedures that are required to ensure the smooth implementation and operation of the service.
- This is a Monday to Friday role, with no on call duties.
- FRANZCR or equivalent specialist qualification
- eligibility for vocational registration in Radiology with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Competence in MRI reporting
- Demonstrated clinical, management, and teaching skills and the ability to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Salary of NZ$ 190,000 - 270 K
- Pension benefits
- No National Insurance
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks annual leave
- CME and CPD opportunities
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels. There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable.
The hospital is situated in a major university city and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the local wine growing regions.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for consideration. You will require three professional references.
If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
Register for Radiologist Jobs
Register for radiologist jobs and search clinical psychology jobs worldwide