JOB DESCRIPTION - REGISTER EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
This is a great opportunity to work in a premier, internationally recognised, and accredited hospital in one of the best cities of the Middle East. You can expect a challenging and interesting clinical role as a radiologist specialising in breast imaging, opportunities for research and an excellent CME programme for keeping up to date with current knowledge.
You will receive a generous tax-free package, one of the best in the Middle East, and live in a vibrant city with good international schools and travel and recreational facilities.
- Full time, role with 48 hour working week
- Public Sector hospital
- Tertiary care hospital, JCI accreditation
- Full support from junior medical staff
- Clinical and educational duties
- Excellent CME and research opportunities
- Competitive package with benefits
- 30 days holiday per year plus study leave and public holidays
- Requirement for FRCR American Board of Radiology or equivalent specialist qualification
- Data Flow Report required before mobilisation
An internationally recognised tertiary care organisation with a long tradition of quality patient care located in Western Saudi Arabia. It holds numerous accreditations including the Joint Commission International Accreditation, American Academy of Continuous Medical Education, College of American Pathologists, American Association of Blood Banks, and Magnet.
With 500 beds, the hospital offers a wide range of medical services including general surgery, plastic surgery, oncology, transplant surgery, paediatrics, Ob-Gyn, neurology, cardiology, emergency medicine, pain clinic, anaesthesia, pathology and radiology.
The radiology department conducts various research programs and also provides training in diagnostic and interventional imaging to radiology, medical, paramedical, nursing, and medical students.
Its services include conventional radiology, CT and MRI scans, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, bone mineral density test, mammography, and interventional and neurointerventional procedures. It is the pioneer in using the first silent MRI machine. Besides, it uses the microwave ablation system and transarterialradio-embolization, among other technologies.
Scope of Services:
- Conventional radiology (X-ray)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Mammography (CAD, Stereotactic & VABBP procedures and MRI Cad – new)
- Interventional procedures (e.g. TIPS, TACE, RF Ablation, Venous, Renal dialysis, Oncology, OB and body interventions).
- Neurointerventional (intracranial Tpa, carotid and intracranial stenting, aneurysm coiling, AVM treatment, tumor embolization, and WADA Test Service).
The department provides continuous professional development and continuous education and training to its staff.
An experienced western trained and qualified radiologist consultant with specialist training in breast radiology is sought for this full-time position with one-year renewable contract.
The successful candidate will join a team of consultant, specialist and resident radiologists practising diagnostic and interventional radiology and working in close collaboration with the general surgeons to manage patients with breast lesions.
Part of the duties include teaching and supervision of residents and opportunities for clinical research are available and encouraged.
The employment contract is for 12 months duration and is renewable. Remuneration includes salary paid in local currency, tax free and readily transferrable, starting from SAR 55K per month plus health care insurance, malpractice cover, accommodation, education allowance, 30 days annual leave public holidays and study leave, flights to home base and end of contract award.
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for this role, you must have:
- Medical degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in radiology completed in western country
- Board certification or Fellowship in radiology (accepted qualifications include American Board of Radiology, FRCPC, FRCR / CCT, Facharzt and equivalents)
- Fellowship or specialist training in breast radiology
- Minimum post specialisation experience 3 years
- Clean practice license in current jurisdiction
- Fluent English communication
Jeddah is the capital city of the Hijaz Region of Saudi Arabia and is the commercial capital of the country. Situated on the Red Sea, it is a major port city, the second busiest in the region after Dubai. It is also the gateway to Mecca and Medinah and is therefore an important city for religious pilgrims and business alike. It has a population of over 4 million and is one of the most cosmopolitan cities of the Arab world. Its proximity to the sea has permitted water sports and there are beach clubs, swimming clubs, sailing and surfing. Fish is the base of the cuisine.
There is an excellent choice of accommodation, schools (including many international schools) and recreational activities with the resorts of the Sinai just a short flight away.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages A log book will be required covering operative procedures for prior 2 years and two letters of reference.