The department of radiation oncology has and excellent array of technology and personnel:
- wide-bore CT-simulator
- 2 Varian Truebeam linear accelerators each with a six degrees of freedom couch
- 2 Siemens multi-modality linear accelerators
- superficial X-ray unit.
- RayStation treatment planning system
- MOSAIQ patient management system.
- well established and accredited IMRT, VMAT, IGRT and SBRT programs.
- Exciting Siemens linac replacement will occur in the next three years.
- seven consultant radiation oncologists with a variety of interests in all adult malignancies, supported by 3 registrars in training posts, specialist nursing staff and a psycho-oncology service.
- the department has an active clinical trials portfolio.
- To provide a high standard of clinical practice and clinical expertise and effective radiation oncology services to the community and region served
- To provide advice to Cancer Screening, Treatment & Support leadership on radiation oncology management matters and professional standards of practice.
- To provide supervision and instruction for Resident Medical Officers rostered to the Radiation Oncology service.
- have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification
- excellent team working and communication skills
- salary NZ $190,000 - 270,000 pa
- pension contributions
- reimbursement of medical practice costs
- on-going professional support including continued medical education, professional development and peer review
- active participation in a growing service with opportunities to expand your skills in response to the challenges within the region
- a balanced lifestyle supported by glorious scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. House pricing is realistic; road congestion minimal, car parking is always available
- employer is an Approved Accredited Employer by New Zealand Immigration.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.