A consultant in Public Health Medicine is souught for a full time, permanent role in Western Australia.
The role supports the Public Health Manager in leading and managing the disease control team, and evaluating and advising on the health of the local population. It also includes responsibility for providing public health and clinical medical expertise in the identification and management of communicable and non-communicable diseases and other public health issues in the region.
Provides leadership, direction and advice on:
- issues associated with the delivery of health services across the region including the development, implementation and evaluation of evidence based strategies, with and emphasis on disease prevention and health enhancement
- the effective and efficient delivery of public health programs including the management of disaster preparedness and emergency management response at a regional level
- infection control including supporting the Regional Infection Control Coordinator and chairing the Regional Infection Control Committee
- Environmental health, including the response to environmental health incidents and support to agencies providing environmental health services to Aboriginal populations.
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number.
- Possess current Fellowship of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine or recognized equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in public and primary health and the development, implementation and evaluation of the public and primary health programs, including chronic disease programs.
- Recent clinical experience in community-based medical care, in sexual health and or BBV/HIV medicine.
- Well-developed communication, networking and interpersonal skills including experience in developing effective relationships with a range of stakeholders such as peak government and non-government organizations, Aboriginal Community Controlled Organizations, General Practice Organizations and communities to achieve successful population health outcomes.
- Current C Class drivers Licence and an ability and willingness to travel including overnight stays away from home.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity,
- Qualifications in General Practice desirable
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary, employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Other professional and location based allowances