Role: Clinical or Educational Psychologist in Maternal Infant Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (MICAMHS)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Tauranga New Zealand
Working Hours: 40 per week
The Clinical Psychologist will work as a member of the MICAMHS to provide an effective community-based assessment and treatment service as part of the vibrant and dynamic Adolescent Mental Health Service dealing with patients aged 13-18 and their families. The team is multidisciplinary and close collaboration and excellent communication is essential.
The service has clear pathway for therapeutic psychology intervention, assessment, and diagnosis of ASD and ADHD, as well as other mental health presentations.
There are forums for psychologists and psychiatrists to network and share professional development opportunities.
This position is suitable for those trained in, and adhering to, the clinical and educational scopes of practice as defined by the New Zealand Psychologists Board.
- Provides appropriate, effective, objective and clear psychological formulations based on thorough assessment;
- Appropriate use of a wide range of assessment tools including psychometric tests;
- Therapeutic interventions to be formulated in consultation with the client and when appropriate, with the family;
- Provides a range of therapeutic interventions using individual, family and group techniques;
- Client contacts, assessments, interventions and treatment plans are clearly and objectively documented in the clients' clinical files;
- All communication and correspondence is managed in an appropriate manner;
- Clients and their families are referred to other community based services as appropriate;
- Registration with the Psychologists Board of New Zealand in a clinical or educational scope with a practice certificate
- Masters Degree in Psychology
- Community work experience
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic