Job Title: Registrar in Psychiatry
Scope of practice: FRANZCP accredited training post in general adult psychiatry
Location: New Plymouth New Zealand
Start Date: August 2021
Contract: 6 months fixed term
Working hours: 40-44 per week
The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRANZCP for a maximum of 12 months.
You will work in the Mental Health and Addiction Services which have the following services
- A 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
.Clinical responsibilities include:
- Provide services to the Acute Adult Inpatient and Adult Community Mental Health services under the supervision of their Consultant.
- Review all inpatients and outpatients.
- Confer with the Consultant immediately for any clinical situation involving substantial risk beyond their level of clinical expertise.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Attend meetings as follows: Daily MDT meetings, Weekly Community MDT meeting, Bimonthly administrative meetings with Clinical Director and Consultant Psychiatrists Weekly Journal Club / CME.
- Participating on the On call roster working with the Crisis Team
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include - General tutorial session weekly and Clinical Grand Round where you may present cases when necessary.
- General or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligibility for this ( we can assist you with this)
- Previous emergency medicine experience OR 2 years registrar experience in a subspeciality service and broad experience in Adult and Paediatric medicine
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts and follow us on twitter for new positions @odysseymedic