This is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist with an interest in addiction medicine to join a multidisciplinary specialist Addiction Service based in one of New Zealand's most beautiful regions. The main focus of this role is to provide Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST) for patients across the district in accordance with the New Zealand OST guidelines.
Key Responsibilities of the role
» Delivery of the medical aspect of Opioid Substitution Treatment and interventions with other AOD clients of the service as defined by the MOH Practice Guidelines and international best practice.
» Delivery of the medical aspect of substance withdrawal treatment and interventions with AOD clients of the service as defined by the MOH Practice Guidelines and international best practice.
» Provision of clinical AOD assessment and interventions in partnership with caseworkers and addiction clinicians
» Operate within a clear harm reduction philosophy in terms of all clinical practice.
» Co-ordination of optimal care within a biopsychosocial framework.
» Establish partnership as the basis for a therapeutic relationship with service users
» Follow BOP DHB and MOH policies and protocols
» Follow evidence based clinical practice guidelines e.g. RANZCP.
» Participation in the delivery of the Substance Addiction Compulsory Assessment and Treatment Act 2017,
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification in psychiatry recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration
- Vocational registration or eligibility for this with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Previous experience working in addiction medicine would be an advantage but not essential as there are experienced clinicians who will support the new appointee.
- Full time permanent role but part time work can be an option
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa
- Pension benefits
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- CME programme