A Registrar in Psychiatry is sought to join a regional base hospital in Western Australia for a twelve-month fixed term contract with possible extension.
- Public sector hospital in Western Australia close to Perth, the state capital
- Secondary care hospital
- Service role with 12-month contract and possible extension
- Experience in psychiatry required
- Must be eligible for provisional general registration in Australia
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package with benfits including pension
In this role you will be responsible for the clinical management of mental health patients, their families and carers under the supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist. You will also be required to provide clinical services as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Salary: MP Year 1-7 $130,145 - $174,823 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
- Qualifications: Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Experience: Internship completed and 2 years of experience post internship
- License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience
- Preferably experienced in a similar healthcare system
A general hospital focused on providing a range of high-quality secondary health care services in the community. It is equipped with an Emergency Department 24/7 and Intensive Care Unit and provides general medical and surgery services, rehabilitation, maternity, paediatric and neonatal, mental health, renal medicine and dialysis services and ambulatory care.
The hospital is located in one of the fastest growing cities of Australia in the Perth metropolitan area. Over 50% of the population is under the age of 35. It is just 28 KM from the central business district of Perth and is linked via the excellent metropolitan road and rail network.It offers a unique lifestyle for those who want to live, work and play in an area of natural beauty. There are vineyards and orchards, green open spaces, bushland and abundant recreational activities.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.