Registrar National Pay Scale
30 days ago
Starting August 2nd 2021, psychiatry registrar position accreditaed for RANZCPsych training is available to complete the 2021 runs with extension to 2022 runs. This is a great opportunity to work in an accredeited training position in a terrific location of New Zealand situated in the North Island within driving disctance of Auckland and Bay of Plenty. You will have the opportunity to engage in weekly rostered training and prepare for the FRANZCPsych exams with excellent career opportunities to practice as a psychiatrist in all areas of New Zealand. The post is full time with a 40 hour week and additional on call duties according to the duty rota for registrars.
The hospital is a public sector general hospital which provides secondary healthcare services for a population of 110,000 with support from tertiary care centres in Auckland. It is a district general hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand and its services include 24 hour emergency department, medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry, anaesthetics, radiology and pathology.
The Role – Psychiatry Registrar
The objective of the role is high quality, patient-centered care as the primary focus and in addition:
- provide inpatient services for patients assigned to you and as directed by the Consultant involved.
- Provide assessments for the responsible clinician, as necessary.
- Regular participation in at least one formal ward round per week with the Consultant and other ward rounds as necessary.
- Perform investigative and therapeutic procedures, and prescribe medicines as directed by Consultant
- Assess patients in the out patient clinics and organize a concise letter to the GP summarising the patients’ conditions
- Maintain clear and concise medical records
- Working hours 40 per week 08.00 – 16.00 with an additional 8 hours will be paid for administrative duties.
- 1 in 5 on-call roster for week nights and weekends and are supported by an on-call Consultant.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Psychiatrist.
Why Should You Apply?
You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing lifestyle in one of the most beautiful areas of New Zealand and the opportunity to pursue further training towards the FRANZCP.
Visit the news page and check out the latest articles and features about New Zealand.
Related articles to this role: