Registrar National Pay Scale
about 1 month ago
A registrar in psychiatry is sought for a full time post starting summerr 2021 in Rotorua, New Zealand. Approved for basic FRANZCP training, there is a one-year contract on offer with weekly rostered training, relocation expenses, and excellent opportunities for further employment and higher training to complete the FRANZCP.
- Public sector hospital, accredited for postgraduate training
- 40 hour working week plus on call
- One-year contract
- Relocation package
Rotorua Hospital is part of the Lakes District Health Board which provides secondary healthcare services for a population of 110,000 with support from tertiary care centres in Auckland. It is a district general hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand.
Its services include 24 hour emergency department, medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry, anaesthetics, radiology and pathology.
The Role – Psychiatry Registrar
The objective of the role is high quality, patient-centered care as the primary focus and in addition:
- provide inpatient services for patients assigned to you and as directed by the Consultant involved.
- Provide assessments for the responsible clinician, as necessary.
- Regular participation in at least one formal ward round per week with the Consultant and other ward rounds as necessary.
- Perform investigative and therapeutic procedures, and prescribe medicines as directed by Consultant
- Assess patients in the out patient clinics and organize a concise letter to the GP summarising the patients’ conditions
- Maintain clear and concise medical records
- Working hours 40 per week 08.00 – 16.00 with an additional 8 hours will be paid for administrative duties.
- 1 in 5 on-call roster for week nights and weekends and are supported by an on-call Consultant.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Psychiatrist.
Why Should You Apply?
You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing lifestyle in one of the most beautiful areas of New Zealand and the opportunity to pursue further training towards the FRANZCP.